Search Our Library
- Seven Strategies I Use on Black Friday and Cyber Monday | The Simple Dollar
- Weekly Economic Report – LAEDC
- 11 Surprising Thanksgiving Facts | Live Science
- Google’s New Dashboard Shows You All the Devices Accessing Your Account | WIRED
- Chrome Will Start Blocking All Remaining NPAPI Plugins In January | TechCrunch
Killer Business Plan – Available NOW!
"A must read for both seasoned entrepreneurs and those brand new to starting a business"
- Ivan Misner, founder of BNI International and best selling author
"Hey, I read your book. I'll be damned if I didn't learn some stuff."
- Wayne Griffin, former neighbor and bassist for WurmHule
With 500 business plans and over $75 million in funding raised, the authors of Killer Business Plan are in a position to show you how to create the best possible business plan so you can succeed!
A hybrid book, Killer Business Plan consists of the book and access to online resources:
- How to videos
This content is constantly updated.
Custom Business Planning and Solutions
- Everything you need to plan and turbocharge your business.
Let us prove it to you.
THERE IS NO TIME LIKE NOW
- advertising Amazon american recovery and reinvestment act of 2009 Apple bailout banks branding business business owners business plan california cell phones China credit cards Deals Depression derivatives e-Edge newsletter economic crisis economy entrepreneur entrepreneurs environment ethics Facebook financial crisis financial institutions foreclosure funding global warming Goldman Sachs Google hackers hacking health information internet investors jobs L.A. County L.A. news leadership Loans marketing meltdown Microsoft millennials money people hate banks politics privacy Recession retirement Sales sba sbdc seo small business small businesses small business owners social media social networking startups start ups stimulus bill stimulus package Tagged branding taxes technology They are all a bunch of bastards This is really cool travel TSA twitter venture capital
- 11 Surprising Thanksgiving Facts The CBPS Newsletter is Published icont.ac/2FSr4 11 hours ago
- New York Protests new.livestream.com/JamesFromTheIn… 1 day ago
- How to Improve your Mailing List | To Franchise or Not to Franchise The CBPS Newsletter is Published icont.ac/2F9o5 1 week ago
- Deadline or Alive Entrepreneurfail | Getentrepreneurial.com wp.me/p7CLM-34j 1 week ago
- Smartlation Smart Translation Services | Cool Business Ideas wp.me/p7CLM-376 1 week ago
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- November 2008
Submit an ArticleWe welcome submissions from our readers on any subject. To submit click here.
Tag Archives: business
The mere articulation of the saying “Virtual Office Assistant” is a most recent agitation which has hit the search engine platforms. It can make an entrepreneur ecstatic or apoplectic-all relying upon their experience with this increasingly well-known administrative help. Being a business visionary, you are prone to wear numerous hats to keep up the accomplishment of your business.
There are insufficient hours in a day, and you can’t pick to do everything on your own. The key course of taking your business to new heights – the focus ought to be on your customers, clients and how to get a greater business from them. Effectively dealing with all the core exercises, stress and requiring some investment for yourself is vital to keep away from wear out and the disappointment of your business.
Along all these lines, why are you in any case still clutching the directing wheel so firmly? Let another person handle the preparatory exercises.
B2B lead generation seems to be a mystery to many marketers. Just do a search on the topic and you’ll find little that’s helpful.
In my opinion, there are two reasons for this. One – people are searching for that one killer lead tactic that will mask all ills or, Two – people fail to realize that successful B2B lead generation is made up of activities that are by nature very hard to quantify and pin down.
The latter then leads to plenty of articles spouting the virtues of practices such as inbound marketing and content marketing, but little hard advice on how to make any of it pay.
Here’s my take – the real problem lies in the fact that you don’t simply generate a lead today, you guide it.
You can no longer run an ad that say’s “hey, we’ve got what you’re looking for come and get it” and expect much. Once a prospect actually knows what they are looking for, they’re already looking for a price.
THIS WEEK’S HEADLINES:
THIS WEEK’S HEADLINES:
- China’s GDP Growth in 2013 Matches 2012 Figure of 7.7%
- California’s Home Sales and Median Prices
- U.S. Retail Sales in December
- Events of Interest
- January 26-28, 2014: Verde Exchange 2014: The Maturing Business of Sustainability
- February 6, 2014: Otis Report on the Creative Economy
- February 19, 2014: 2014-2015 LAEDC Economic Forecast and Industry Outlook
THIS WEEK’S HEADLINES:
- U.S. County Employment and Wages
- American Household Wealth Hits New Record
- Global Economy
- Events of Interest
- October 24, 2013: 25th Annual Visitor Industry Outlook Conference
- October 30, 2013: Opportunities for Trade and Investment in Southeast Asia
- November 13, 2013: Real Estate Voices: The Past, Present and Future of the Real Estate Industry
- November 14, 2013: LAEDC 18th Annual Eddy Awards
We are coming up on a decade in our own business. We have worked with thousands of clients and many times that number of prospects. As independent business people, our survival depends on our ability to forecast and close work. We have a very high close rate once we’re presenting, especially in person. This has been achieved through careful study of human nature and at a high cost.
As a consultant, you need to make the prospecting cycle as tight as possible so you are not chasing leads that won’t go anywhere. We began to experience greater success when we understood the following principle: Most people can’t say no.
I don’t mean this in the sense that they will buy from you if you overcome objections or demonstrate value. Most prospects know very quickly if they see value in what you’re doing and will buy. Our experience has been the best engagements result from connections that form quickly or, if there are delays because of a competitive procurement process, you are continually building a tighter relationship as it goes on. Absent this, you are likely waiting for a ‘no’.
The reason for this, my partner and I believe, is that most people hate the idea of rejection and hence are hesitant to do it to other people. I, for one, appreciate having my attention and effort liberated by a firm ‘no’. I am now free to begin the hunt for a new client, sometimes with lessons learned. But the slow ‘no’, or worse, the ‘we’re thinking about it’ just takes up mental and emotional cycles that are better spent elsewhere.